Safe Food Handling for Before and After Care Services
About this training
In Safe Hands Educators In Safety is committed to bringing the best online training to the Early Years Education Sector. In Safe Hands educators In Safety in partnership with Nutrition Australia Queensland (NAQ) offers an expert team of Accredited Practising Dietitians, Nutritionists, Health Promotion Professionals and Food Safety Trainers and Auditors to ensure the very best in nutrition education, health promotion and food safety. Food Foundations is a program for the outside school hours care settings, offering a range of support services covering nutrition and food safety.
This Safe Food Handling Course equips professionals working with children in Outside school hour care setting the knowledge and practices to provide a safe environment for the consumption of food.
Learning Outcomes of this course include:
- Learners will be able to outline the importance of food safety in Before and After Care settings
- Learners will be able to identify potentially hazardous foods
- Learners will be able to describe the temperature danger zone
- Learners will be able to describe safe steps in receiving food and cold/frozen/dry storage
- Learners will be able to demonstrate safe food preparation
- Learners will be able to describe safe grooming, personal habits and handwashing
- Learners will be able to define cross contamination
- Learners will be able to describe effective cleaning strategies
- Learners will be able to describe and outline safe preparation and control processes in food safety
- Learners will be able to describe allergen control
Course duration: 1 hours
Pre-Requisites: There is no pre-requisite for this course
Learning Assessment: Multiple choice questions through the course. No further study or assessment.
Certificate: Available for download at the time of successful completion of the online learning.
IACET CEU’S – On successful attainment of this accreditation this course will carry 0.1 CEU
Cost: Individuals cost $10.00 If you are part of a Service / Centre please contact us for multiple course discount.
Support: For questions or support surrounding the content of this course or purchasing the course please go to the Support page or Contact Us page.